Saturday, October 30, 2010

WHEW!

So, I know it has been awhile....I haven't been very good at keeping up with this blog and it is only the second time I have posted....BUT I have good reasons, excellent reasons actually.
First, everything wedding-related was put on hold over the last month so that I could study for my re-certification exam. As a physician assistant, we are required to re-certify every 5-6 years, and this is my fifth year. I decided to take it now so I wouldn't have to worry about it after the wedding. Well....it's DONE! Well, at least I hope it is done. I did the exam this past week, and should get my results back in the next 1-2 weeks, so assuming all went well, I should be good for another 5-6 years. And now back to the wedding!!!
YAY!!! This is the fun stuff! So, we have most of the big stuff decided. What is left....the DJ (one of the most important things) and getting a ride to the reception and to the airport afterwards. We still have to taste cakes and design flowers, but our vendors are picked. We still need to get invitations, and make final decisions on the linens. But overall, everything is coming together pretty nicely, and I couldn't be happier. I have the BEST parents in the entire world who have been handling things on that end, and Brian's mom was a HUGE help in getting a lot of the things we needed for the centerpieces. Brian's parents have gone with me to look over the dress and we have another fitting coming up....!
I know there are many of you who have been asking about the dress, but it is a surprise for the wedding...what fun would it be if you already knew what it looked like?! :) I am going to try and work on the blog some this week....actually get some pictures up and get this a little more organized so it is actually fun to look at and read! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment